These instructions are for applying the Theme chooser APK to CM7 phones with HDPI resolution!
Other Roms will not be supported by me even if the chooser apk works on them!
1. First go the the DOWNLOAD section of this site and get the latest version of DarkGinger!
- Also if you want the lockscreen themed download the DarkGingerMorph-Apk-PACK.zip in the download section of this site!
2. Locate app with a file manager and install
-Make sure your apps are all up to date from the market and your not using a zip “or flash-able” theme already. That can cause issues!
3. Go to the Theme chooser app in you application drawer
4. Scroll over to the DarkGinger entry and select apply Note: If it says “sorry, this theme is missing assets for your devices screen size.” Select apply anyway…it’s not going to break anything it’s a known issue!!!
5. If you want the lockscreen and odd images that the chooser will not theme yet, apply the metamorph now!
7. Enjoy the Darkness!!!!
NOTE: You can keep the theme chosen even if you update to a new nightly or stable release! Market apps work the same way no need to restart the theme chooser!
How to apply Metatmorph:
Download MetaMorph from the Market.
Download the MetaMorph file of your choice and place it on your sdcard. I have a folder on my sdcard called “morphs” where I place all of my metamorph files.
Open the MetaMorph app, select always allow, then press allow. Select Pick theme. Go to the folder where you put your metamorph files and select the one you want to apply.
If you want to apply everything in the morph, then select apply all. MetaMorph will then begin to run through the process of applying the images to your .apk’s. This will take a while if there are a lot of .apk’s to be skinned.
Once MetaMorph has gone through the process of applying the theme, You are done. Unless you applied a morph which has framework-res.apk in it, then you will have to reboot your phone, then you are done!