ADWLauncher EX 1.3.3.5 and Android Market 10 billion app downloads!

Update 1.3.3.55! (as usual :P)

I’ve released a minor update with the following additions/fixes:

• Option to use the dock as overlay: this means your desktop will be full size and the dock will appear over it when you show it.
  • When you trigger the “hide/show dockbar” action/gesture, the new status will be remembered until you show/hide it again. This is like the old option “No dock”!!
  • Option to apply  the old’school color tint to the dock icons
  • Fixed the desktop preview triggers
  • Some fixes reported by users

Remember, hopefully tomorrow, ADWLauncher EX will be discounted in the Android Market! Keep an eye here!

Old post:

Hi everyone!

I’ve been working hard last months to make a nice update to all those ADWEX users out there celebrating its first birthday.
Its now almost a year ago that I released ADWLauncher EX to the market as a premium version of the free  ADW.Launcher. The market success was overwhelming to me and it brought lots of changes to my life (the most important one being my full time job as main android developer).

Today, I’m happy to announce that along the first anniversary of ADWLauncher EX, Google is making a great celebration too: 10 billion downloads in the Android Market!!.
This provided me the opportunity to lower the price of my app for the next days so more and more people can join us in our first anniversary!

So, yes, ADWLauncher EX will be at 0.10€ in the market in the next few days!

Just check the Android Market home page daily to see when the promotion goes live!

And that’s not everything! I’ve managed to roll out a big update for everyone with the following features/improvements:

• A new unified Dock bar with both the combined superpowers of the previous ones:

• Easily drag and drop icons into it.
    • Unlimited icons support with paginated scrolling
    • Options stretch, scale, show reflections, change the background image…
    • Easy icon management by double tapping them.
    •  Action to show/hide the dock at a glance via gestures/launcher actions
  •  Easier and more user friendly folders.

• Drag a desktop icon over another one to auto create a new folder
    • Visual representation of folder contents with theming support
    • Options to choose how the folder contents scroll and behave like you do with the app drawers
    • Single/multi row auto fitting support
  • New desktop management system while moving items.

• Easier visualization of desktop and drag operations
    • Easier trash can operation
  • New desktop indicator inspired by IceCream Sandwich

• Improved compatibility with ICS devices

• Use of hardware acceleration on specific features when possible.

• Persistence of the ActionBar visibility on android >3.x tablets by the “hide/show status bar” gesture or launcher action.

• Usual bug fixes and performance improvements

• More to come!!!

I wish everyone enjoy the update, the opportunity of getting it at reduced price and… thanks for being there in our first anniversary!!

P.S.- Important: during the Android Market promotion days, I’m not allowed to push updates to the market, so if you find anything weird, a bug, a feature not working as intended… please use the feedback menu under ADWSettings!!

• LuckyXIII
    • January 13th, 2012 4:14am

PLS GIVE ME ADW EX 1.3.3.1 VER. OR MY MONEY- NEW VER. SUCKS!

• Dean S.
    • January 13th, 2012 5:39pm

I just purchased ADW Luuncher EX and there is one thing that has got me baffled. The previous version of ADW Launcher had a setting to allow Nexus style pagination dots on either side of the dockbar (not the pagination indicator dots or sliders which are still an available setting). This made it easy to scroll through the desktop pages by tapping the dots. How can this be utilized on EX?

• Lamigra
    • January 13th, 2012 9:51pm

Please bring back the nexus style pagination dots!

• Jack
    • January 13th, 2012 11:49pm

Hello, Anderweb! I recently switched to ADW Launcher from using GoLauncher and Launcher Pro on and off, and I have to say…I am very impressed. I hesitated in trying ADW, not for any particular reason, but because I was happy with how “pretty” GoLauncher looks and how well LauncherPro functions. I made the switch, and for a geek like me, your launcher provides all the tweaks and settings I need.

I do have one (very minor) complaint, however. I’ve been wanting to try using my phone strictly in landscape mode, but it’s a pain to unlock my screen and then switch to landscape, as opposed to unlocking straight to landscape. I am aware of the option in ADW Launcher to change the screen’s default orientation, but I am left handed, and don’t like where the dock is in relation to my menu buttons (when I flip my phone, the back/home/settings/search buttons are on the left of my phone, and your dock is on the right). Same goes with changing the default orientation to landscape: I don’t like that I can’t flip the phone to make it left-handed.

I will continue using ADW despite this minor inconvenience, but you would win me over for good if you made ADW southpaw friendly when in landscape mode. Thank you for producing such a great product!

• David
    • January 15th, 2012 12:13am

Hi folks,

first of all I’d like to say that I love your App as it is the smoothest launcher I know.

Unfortunately the AWD Launcher has a small glitch that appears from time to time: It behaves as if the “Dock as Overlay” option was set, although it is not.

My workaround so far is to set the “Dock as Overlay” option, let AWD build up the screen again, then unset the option again and evrything is back to normal.

So far I couldn’t find any “triggering event” for this glitch. It doesn’t appear very often, but from time to time.
    I am using a Motorola Razr.

Keep up the good work!
    David

• Gabriella
    • January 17th, 2012 12:40am

I did a system update on my droid incredible 2 yesterday and now adw is not working. it shows that it is installed but not working as my default and I can’t get my old settings back.

• johnnyxoom
    • January 21st, 2012 4:36pm

I still have ADW EX then version before the last update. If I update my Xoom to ICS, will I loose all the nice setup i’ve done to the screen ? Please let me know.

Also I heard that people are unable to hide the bar. This is a most in my tablet. Have his problem been fixed? Need to know in order to decide if im going to update my ADW. Thanks

• Andy
    • January 21st, 2012 7:10pm

Needs swipe gesture actions for icons in the dock bar so I can set up, for instance, a 2nd application that launches when you swipe over an icon rather than clicking it. (swipe messenger icon and launch email, for example). Launcher Pro and Go Launcher both have this feature. It kills me than no others do.

1. Hi.very good

• Sarreq Teryx
    • January 23rd, 2012 11:04am

awesome, but currently, the wallpaper misaligns in portrait on tablets. instead of taking the vertical center, it aligns to the top

• Nalga
    • January 23rd, 2012 6:21pm

Hi:

In my acer a100 is not working as it should, this app works on 7 inch 1024×600 tablets?

Thx

• R
    • January 25th, 2012 3:18am

Hi. Love the launcher!

But is there a chance that ADW Notifier will be updated to work with the stock ICS Email app (not GMail), and with Google Voice?

These sort of work when using Chuck Noritz mode, but the Notifier service constantly FCs on my stock Galaxy Nexus.

Also, the Google Voice counter often shows a question mark instead of the number of VM.

Thanks for a great product!

• Jeroen
    • January 25th, 2012 12:24pm

Hi,

First of all I love your launcher!
    Second I have a question: is it possible to get rid of the icon text in folders? I’m using a TF101 with (currently) Android 3.2.1

• Brian
    • January 25th, 2012 1:18pm

what flip clock is that in the screen shot?

• Mike
    • January 26th, 2012 12:00am

Re: Folder Icons

Currently if I create a custom icon for a folder, it still shows the folder contents on top of my custom icon. I think if we create a custom icon for a folder, then only that custom icon should be visible, not the folder contents.

• John
    • January 26th, 2012 7:23pm

I wish I could get the old style hidden dock bar.
    The only reason I’ve used ADW is hidden dock bar, but the new version is just look-alike ohter launchers.

• Dan
    • January 27th, 2012 10:38am

Please bring back the action bar as a feature for phones!

• Hannes
    • January 28th, 2012 11:25am

Please please fix the wallpaper zoom problem. Its driving me crazy. galaxy S2

• Chris
    • January 30th, 2012 5:37pm

Hi,…

I purchased ADWlauncher V 1.3.3.56 for my Asus Prime (ICS 4.0.3)… [Question:] Is there any way to remove the blue Line at the bottom of the statusbar, but keep the statusbar itself? -> is there a working “transparent Mod” for it…? I like the statusbar, but not the blue line (Homescreen design…)

Thx,

greetings, Chris

• Gus
    • January 30th, 2012 8:09pm

Is there a way to set the Launcher to be in large tablet mode by default? i have to change the density on my Galaxy 7 plus to be able to get the tablet mode HD icons, otherwise at 160 dpi it gives me the phone size theme and icons…

• Bruno
    • January 31st, 2012 1:21pm

Is it possible to “migrate” the configuration from the free version to EX ?

The Exported file from ADW Launcher is adw_settings.xml and ADW EX expects adw_ex_settings.xml.
    I want to know if them are compatible, maybe just rename the file.

Thanks

• Lele
    • February 1st, 2012 12:29am

Hi. I have phone with landscape screen and so i have dockbar on the left side of the screen. Is there any way to change dockbar position from left to bottom?

• miguel luna
    • February 1st, 2012 3:34pm

Good morning, any cuestión, this manager support spanish translate option .sorry for my poor english

• Andrew Lee
    • February 2nd, 2012 4:59pm

Are you working on a new release? I sent you an email about how scrollable widgets aren’t scrolling in ICS on my Transformer Prime. Thanks for all the work you have done!

1 3 4 5