ADWLauncher EX 1.3.3

Another “small” update, this is the changelog:

• Improved “a bit” desktop scrolling
  • Added a way to save your own configuration presets in the presets list (kind of experimental, let me know).
  • Added a new option for the “Screen orientation” supporting turning to landscape for devices with hardware keyboard.
  • Fixed compatibility with android 3.1 (my fault for being stupid)
  • Added a bunch of translations (some of them partial) thanks to all the contributos from this crowdin translation group http://crowdin.net/project/adw-launcher-ex
  • Various fixes from your reports (thanks everyone for submitting them)

Do you want to help getting ADW in your language? Please join the translation group!!

That’s all for today, enjoy!

• CL114C0777498D
    • June 8th, 2011 11:03am

is there any way to have a blank space on the dock (adw launcher ex)? i know i can with launcher pro or go launcher. but on adw it has all these “+” symbols (for where an app icon should go, if i put one there). and if i tap them it says “no application defined”, and long pressing on them does nothing. i just want a blank space in that slot. :( the plus signs look freaking awful. this is my last attempt at working with adw, if i can’t fix this, i’m just going back to go launcher, which was pretty good, i just prefer adw’s app drawer options.

• ritalin
      • June 15th, 2011 4:23pm

You could always assign the function to be nothing and then apply a blank PNG file.
      Here is mine feel free to use it.

• babis
    • June 8th, 2011 8:18pm

Hello, I just bought my android phone LG optimus 2x , amazing phone and I put the lancher ex 1.3.6 also an amazing application… I just wanted to report something that I noticed on the application. If I have a missed call or a message there is no indicator to let me know about that, is there a bug or is something wrong with my arrangements ?

• chris
    • June 9th, 2011 6:47am

Weird…Did you restart your device after entering the code?

• Roy
    • June 9th, 2011 8:20am

Did you remove or disable ADW left corner icon on HoneyComb?

• HAL
    • June 9th, 2011 7:41pm

A feature I miss on ADWLauncher is a title on the application drawer showing the current app group name (in case there is more than one group) so you know where you are when you open the drawer. Now the name is only shown as a toast on the moment you change from a group to another one, but if you close the drawer and open it again you don’t know what group are you on until you change group again.

1. Kevin D :
    Just installed Gingerbread .596 on my Droid X…still force closing and redrawing constantly….please, please fix….I am to the point of switching launchers but love the hidden dockbar feature so I am hestant to go with another launcher!!

Same here…but am all stcok on Droid X,since the GB update OTA from VZW on my DX, ADW EX (and LP+ for that matter) just freeze and FC way too much to use them…I am running ADW (not EX) right now and it lags but is usable). Really hoping this gets fixed.

• Kevin D
    • June 11th, 2011 9:23pm

Unusable – Gingerbread .596 Droid X…

• Alex H.
    • June 12th, 2011 12:34am

Hi, ADW is the best Launcher, but i miss one option: When I press the Home button i will directly put to the app drawer without the large way above the homescreen. i don´t need the homescreen. Can you implement this option in the home button behaviour? Then i will buy the EX Version :)

Thx a lot

• skyli
    • June 12th, 2011 5:11pm

Hi! This is the BEST launcher :)
    But what i miss or what i’d like to have is that when i use 6*9 or 6*10 icons on the desktop, it cuts down a bit from the icons.
    And it doesn’t use the full sreen width.
    https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-E72vpFWBeCo/TfTWk4n6BBI/AAAAAAAABBg/EmHLZu5FU5M/s800/snap20110612_170237.jpg <- here is what i mean:$ :DD I think it would be better if icons could overlap their place :)
    And I like the hidden dockbar better :D can i set it to default somehow? :)

• tudor
    • June 13th, 2011 2:53pm

I sometimes get adw freeze on my last generation mobile phone.
    Also the menu with ‘settings, edit, add, wallpaper, search & more’ looks really bad. It is like still having part of android donut on gingerbread…. This needs a fresh up!

• ADW Questioner
    • June 14th, 2011 11:01pm

How do I get to the ADW Launcher settings? How do I get applications on the launcher bar (across the bottom of the screen)(favorites)?

• Kraiza
    • June 16th, 2011 4:02pm

Impossible to submit dockbar transparent :S

• Felps
    • June 17th, 2011 5:21am

Hiii

I´m a big fan of ADW Launcher EX… still my number one launcher!

I would like to suggest something, for future updates, how about put some efects in folders, like the Xperia Arc or SPB Shell 3d?

tks bro.

• tudor
    • June 17th, 2011 5:30pm

REGULARELY FREEZE ON HTC SENSATION. IT CAN’T BE DUE TO HARDWARE LIMITATION ON SUCH A PHONE. ERGO, ISSUE COMING FROM ADW LAUNCHER! WILLING TO SWITCH TO ANOTHER LAUNCHER NOW.

• eadred
    • June 17th, 2011 10:54pm

Does someone know the name of the calendar and clock widgets displayed as previews for adw launcher ex in market?

2. hello

i made this theme http://i2theme.webs.com/

i made a icon for folder ( ic_launcher_folder.png )

on Adw Launcher EX works good
    on Adw Launcher FREE the icon is very BIG.

——

how we solve the problem for ex. the angry birds game versions
    that as the same activity name ? ( com.rovio.ka3d.App )

• Franklin
    • June 20th, 2011 5:55am

Samsung Galaxy S2, Wallpaper get cropped.

On my SGS2, I tried many times to select a wallpaper for ADW Launcher EX. However, it always get cropped and magnified.

Please instruct me how to set properly a wallpaper. thanks

• Lazarus
    • June 20th, 2011 3:42pm

Hi Ander,

I’ve a ADWEX, but in Sansung galaxy Tab with overcome 2.0.1 Hermes (Ginger) the desktop page scroll is very slow, in froyo non problem.

Any ideas?

Tia
    Lazarus

• jmack
    • June 20th, 2011 4:07pm

This used to be my favorite launcher, but not anymore. Recent updates (and the lack thereof), have turned this thing into a FC’ing, unreliable home replacement, and the unbelievable lag and excruciatingly slow redraws have become unbearable. Apparently the dev stopped reading reviews too, as nearly half are complaining about the same things. Goodbye ADW, hello Go Launcher…

• Kevin D
      • June 20th, 2011 9:19pm

I am still hoping he is able to fix it properly REAL soon….I went with Go Launcher for now waiting for the next update….fingers crossed!

• Kris
    • June 21st, 2011 9:52pm

Great Launcher however since the new up date it takes you back to the homepage of the HTC everytime you hit the home button. I have the EVO 4G Sprint. Just info for yeah great launcher no compliants

• Dan
    • June 23rd, 2011 7:49pm

Great launcher, but I have a problem:
    I’m using MIUI-XJ rom, and ADW don’t uses system icons.
    Let me explain: I want to use default MIUI icons, the iphone-style ones, and free version of adw has no problems. But EX version uses
    a mix of some android standard icons (for messages, market, browser and few others) and some others from a MIUI icon pack called “Round icons” that come preinstalled with the rom.
    I tried also a ADW theme, but the icons not included in the themes still comes from the MIUI’s “Round Icons”.
    I tried every theme settings in both MIUI and ADW, but nothing, the launcher keep using his own icon.
    Is there a solution to this?

• Fady
    • June 23rd, 2011 9:33pm

Plz add a way for us to make the icons larger ( Dock and homescreen icons) I like to make them big on my tab.

• cris
    • June 24th, 2011 6:33pm

I love the launcher and I want to report the following issues:

1. often ADW EX freezes and/or FCs at first startup:
    works after restarting it

2. empty icon labels do not get restored at startup:
    I have always to reload the configuration manually :(

(HTC desire + Cyanogenmod 7.0.3 + a2sd + ADW Launcher EX apk in /system/app)

BTW, is there an official issue management tracker somewhere?

• Mutsu
    • June 27th, 2011 2:19pm

I’m interesting in your Software. Could you discuss ADW Laucher to me for bussiness? Because I’m looking for awesome Android Home Application. If you are no problem, I want to tell you detail of bussiness. please mail me.

• Chris van
    • June 29th, 2011 5:34am

I installed ADW on my droid x and it erased my SD card. it says the SD card is unmounted and wont read/ let me format. is there a fix to this? Any help would be nice. I lost all my pics, videos and music. I cant even put it back on until I can get it to read the card.

• Paul
    • July 1st, 2011 7:03pm

I am using ADW on my Acer Iconia a500 running honeycomb 3.0.1. The dock is stuck on the right hand side in landscape mode. It did not do this on my Nook Color.

Is there anyway I can move it or set it to stay at the bottom of the screen?

Paul

• Mark
    • July 3rd, 2011 10:41am

Often when pressing the back button to return to the home screen there is a long delay and I’m prompted whether I want to wait or close it. If I wait it does recover but it’s getting very annoying! I see from comments above that other users are reporting freezes and force closes. Is there any archive of older versions? It was fine (for me at least?) before 1.3
    I was hoping for an update to fix it but it’s been a long while since the last version!

• Bob Quinlan
    • July 4th, 2011 4:12pm

I couldn’t find a contact email, but I’m afraid I have a bug to report. I am unable to install custom icons on folders in ADWLauncher EX. I’ve tried several different image formats (PNG, GIF) and image sizes, but the application dies and restarts every time I try to save a selected image to a folder.

Any ideas?

I have the latest release of ADWLauncher EX running on a Droid 1 under Android v2.2.2.

• shukero
    • July 7th, 2011 1:01am

IS there anyway to help me with problems I have?

Gingerbread issues – none of the backups are working with gingerbread right now. There is also the “Customize menu” option which will not work/ goes back to default when pressing back or home. ALSO I’ve found this out the hard way with my droidX Rooted official Gingerbread: I will have to SBF if I ever uninstall this program. This is because if I do, the whole launcher is black. I can use buttons, and still see the lock screen, but after the lock screen the whole screen turns black. You need to solve this issue right away! I also would like to be able to go into manage apps> adw launcher ex> and click on “reset defaults” so I can go back to my default launcher anytime I wanted.

• Robert
    • July 8th, 2011 4:23pm

Let me start by saying this is a good launcher app. I purchase the AdWEX version. I like the customization options; however, it does still have a few problem running on my Xoom withHoneycomb 3.1 and the Tiamat ROM.

1. In folders the icon text is unreadable if you have the Density Hack enabled. If the density hack is disabled, some of the icons on the home screen do not display correctly. They appear to be cut off on the right side.

2. I would like to be able to put the app drawer on the top bar, since that space is wasted anyway. Being able to use the ADW icon for this would be OK.

3. The trash can should be part of this bar as well. It is currently a slide down bar that overlaps the icon space causing me to accidentally delete icons from the home page: very annoying.

4. ADW seems to cause some programs to FC, especially if they generate notifications.

Thanks

3. First, I would like to say, really good job.

I have small problem with ADW EX 1.3.3. I have 5 desktops on my TF, I expect, that 3rd desktop is default and if I am on my default desktop and rotate my TF, after rotation my desktop is switched to the 2nd desktop, where I have three scrollable widgets (Pure calendar widget, Gmail and Email).

If I try to move the scrollable widgets to another desktop, it switches randomly between desktops where are scrollable widgets. After removing scrollable widgets everything works fine.

Somebody has the same problem?

Asus Transformer-rooted, ROM Prime 1.5.- Honeycomb 3.1

You can see the situtation on youtube:

• sjhotz
    • July 15th, 2011 6:32pm

I have an Eee Pad Transformer and have purchased your ADWLauncher EX.

Is here an option to remove the “ADW” splash icon that appears in the top left corner of every home screen? I have paid for the full version and don’t see why I have to advertise to myself that I have ADW, it’s really frustrating!