ADWLauncher EX v1.2.1

Update v1.2.1:

Cause of an small bug withthe menu lock/unlock not showing the proper text, I’ve released a small update to fix the issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Original post:

Another small update, sorry guys my new full time job eats my whole days…

Here’s an small changelog:

• Added a reorderable main menu (ADWSettings/General behavior/System settings). This is cause a lotof people hate the Phone Settings menu inside ADWSettings menu (and I think they’re right). Thanks to CommonsGuy for their fast utility, if someday I get the knowledge I’ll be contributing back to him by adding a “toggleable menu” feature to the project.
  • Re-added option to hide labels on the app drawer. (this one went removed from the standard ADWLauncer by accident)
  • Added option to select transition effect when opening other apps (ADWSettings/General behavior/System settings).
  • Fix the random mode not being used when scrolling with the desktop dots.
  • Fixed dock reappearing when full screen app drawer.
  • Fixed drawer icons text alignment.
  • Fixes some more “ForceCloses” and minor stability and code improvements as usual.

Hope you enjoy!

• Michal
    • January 11th, 2011 10:35pm

Nice work! Thanks!

I was wondering why when sliding between screens the graphic of the screens for 0,5 – 1 second is very bad? After this short time everything is fine but still it’s not very friendly for eyes ;) Is it kind of speed optimization?

Thanks!

1. Thanks for the menu change, it’s perfect now.

• andyparla
    • January 11th, 2011 10:46pm

Hola, tengo un problema con la aplicacion launcher EX, cuando intento acceder al menu, este me aparece en negro, como si no tuviera ninguna aplicacion, luego vuelvo atras accedo de nuevo a menu y aparece todo correcto… de momento este es el unico problema que me ha dado…

un saludo!

Hi I have a problem with launcher EX app, when I try enter to menu (four square boton) the screen is shown in black, without any app. If home boton is pressed (going to desktop) and then the menu boton again the screen shows all my apps! for the moment is de only problem, everything is ok!

Regards!

• JAguirre1231
    • January 12th, 2011 2:24am

Hasn’t fixed te suck of the launcher. Two stars until I can use my MotoWizense widgets. 2***

• jeremiah
    • January 12th, 2011 5:52am

question:

I loaded and set up ADWLauncher EX and loved it. I had my phone programed so that when I hit my home button on the phone it would switch to the home screen but ADWLauncher EX was my main launcher. I switched back to my phones default launcher and now I can’t figure out how to remake ADWLauncher EX my default launcher. I open the app but once I hit home it switches back to my phones default launcher. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

• Doc
    • January 12th, 2011 7:05am

Just wondering if you could possibly make a 10 x 10 for the small icons guys? Thanks for your hard work, it’s greatly appreciated, though as I’ve read, not shown on the message boards. I appreciate it.

• Per Wigren
    • January 12th, 2011 10:19am

I bought ADWLauncher EX yesterday and I love it! I have one feature request: The ability to make a widget “sticky” just like the dock so it doesn’t move when flipping through screens and it’s always available.

• GamerGuy80
    • January 12th, 2011 8:36pm

i wanted to know if you will be making widget specifically for this launcher like launcher pro plus has …. i like their facebook widget do you think u can add something similar for this launcher.

• johnm
      • January 22nd, 2011 5:11pm

I’d rather he didn’t. This is one of the things that separates ADW from LauncherPro. ADW keeps adding useful functionality while LP keeps adding bloat. I can get my own widgets.

• Fangdroid
    • January 13th, 2011 3:19am

I want to say the best thing I’ve purchased on the market. I was wondering if you could consider making catalogs to be locked for younger kids, There are apps I do not want my daughter to go into. Like a parental lock toggle in your settings. So that the desktop lock needs a pin or dots lock. Just a suggestion. Might be good for Blooms world too.

• Daniel
    • January 13th, 2011 12:35pm

Hey, I really like your work.

Would it somehow be possible to add a option to set a separate ADW Launcher wallpaper? By this way is would be possible to hava a different lockscreen wallpaper (the one set via android settings).

I’m sure it would be an factor for others, to buy this tool.

• skooda (Czech Republic)
    • January 13th, 2011 4:43pm

Great job,
    It works perfectly on my HTC Desire Z.

I have only one think:
    I can’t find any home replacement, which change number of rows and columns when the phone is in landscape mode.

(example: I have icons in 4 columns and 5 rows in portrait mode and when I turn my phone to landscape, I want to automatically rearange the icons to 5 rows and 4 columns, because otherwise there is lot of un space, and icons are the top of each other.)

It can be great feature, the last feature in this great launcher.

Sorry for my bad english.

• stillerwinter
    • January 14th, 2011 10:57am

Hi,

What happened? The stability is with the 1.2 update very bad. It restarts the whole time. Everytime (ok, most of the time) I come back to the launcher it restarts. Very annoying.
    The 1.0 was very stable. Is there a possibility to go back to 1.0?
    – Dell Streak with 2.2

Greetings

• Tyree
    • January 15th, 2011 12:27am

For some reason the highlight press color has this green box in front of it no matter what color I change it too. The only way to get rid of it is to change the highlight to clear which makes it hard to know if you’ve selected an app off the desktop.

Secondly, is there a way to choose the highlight press color inside the app drawer? Or do you have to change that through themes?

• SH Ryu
    • January 17th, 2011 5:15am

I’m a big fan of ADW launcher. Would you add option to get more dock bar Icons (ie., sliding option)?
    It’ll be nice feature if you can do that.

• johnm
      • January 22nd, 2011 5:09pm

You can already do that. By default the hidden Dockbar holds 6 icons, but you can add way more than that to it. Once you have more than 6, the horizontal sliding action kicks in.

• johnm
        • January 22nd, 2011 5:13pm

sorry, my bad. You were talking about the main dock…

• Carles
    • January 17th, 2011 1:51pm

Hi. The application stopped working a few days ago. The preferences do not stick. I did an uninstall and reinstall but it didn’t work. when I change something in the preferences and I go back to home the 1.2.1 changelog appears but the application does not change. Any suggestion?

samsung-S froyo 2.21

thanks
    Carles

• friendinme
    • January 17th, 2011 4:02pm

I have tried just about all the home replacements, and I have settled on this one. Nice work.

I have a wishlist/suggestions. I find that switching between app catalogs is a cumbersome. I know that shortcuts for each catalog can be put on the desktop. However, it would be nice to have a shortcut that brings you straight to the catelog selection list and another one that will open “all apps.”

• John
    • January 18th, 2011 12:28am

I’m loving the update but still have a couple of issues:

Widgets seem to break all the time – I constantly get “Problem loading widget” with Calendarpad and Photo Contact (often with this one I get a message that I need a launcher will scrollable widget support, yet it works most of the time). None of these probs with the Sense launcher or the standard ADW Launcher.

Verticsl 4D app drawer FCs, either that or it loads a blank black screen half the time.

If these issues can be fixed then I’d be a very happy camper!

Incidentally, ADW EX is the best-featured launcher, period – please keep up the good work Anderweb!

• Ryan
    • January 18th, 2011 10:25am

I love the ability of Launcher EX to change the size of the icons and the dock!

The problem is, that the spacing is all wrong: too much space at the top, and too much space between rows (particularly in 4 row configuration).

But there is too little space between the dock and the bottom row of icons — if I enlarge the icons a little, the labels start hitting the dock :(

Technically, there should be a little larger gap between the dock and the bottom row of icons, than the gap between icons.

(it wouldn’t hurt to allow a little greater enlargement of the dock size, either :)

Thanks.

2. Would love to see an option for “pinned” widgets (or icons). These would take up the same spot on all screens, but you would only need one instance of a widget/icon, and it wouldn’t scroll when flipping between screens.

For example, I place my time/calendar/weather widget on the top row of screen one, and I want it to stay at the top no matter what screen I’m on. As it is, I always have to go back to screen 1 to see it.

• BlackSelf
    • January 20th, 2011 10:40am

AnderWeb, can you add the ability to use iconpack throughout the system, not just in the menu?

• NebKat
    • January 23rd, 2011 2:16pm

Could we have an ADW forum? I think there are lots of people who want to request features and a forum would be a great place for it… If you can’t host it I could set it up on my website instead.

• hip2b2
    • January 23rd, 2011 6:58pm

I love ADW launcher EX. My Moto Milestone seemed to have a problem with any other launcher app with any call to the phone function having a pause before the phone comes up.

One question. Is there any suggestion as to haw to transition from the hidden dock back to the dock? I seem to try and try before it “hits”.

Regards

k

• Lane
    • February 8th, 2011 10:26pm

Because I’m in the U.S. I cannot buy this app on market.. where can I purchase the app otherwise? Please someone help me out.

• jeff
    • February 16th, 2011 4:05pm

it would be great if some widgets are included(like the facebook widget in launcherpro)

• Ghile
    • March 1st, 2011 3:46pm

Hi, I have free adw launcher and have tried to purchase adw launcher ex on market but i fails ( £2.30)…help? Can I buy it and install it off the web? I really want it!
    Thank you!