ADWLauncher EX 1.2.2 released

Hi people!

Another “small update”. Here’s the changes list:

• Reorderable main menu can disable elements and reorder by drag and drop(ADWSettings/General behavior/System settings).
  • Added transparency support for the 4D drawer (yes, it’s choppier, i told you, I’m not that good programmer).
  • Added an option to show black fading edges, when using transparent background on the 4D app drawer.
  • Support for custom images for dock and hidden dockbar.
  • Added a small catalog of dock pictures based on my own themes.
  • Option to change app drawer icons text color.
  • Menu/Lock now locks app drawer too.
  • Fixed old style previews when statusbar was hidden.
  • Fixed fancy backgrounds transparency issues.
  • Fixes more “ForceCloses” and added stability and code improvements.

Hope you enjoy!

1. I’ve purchased ADWLauncher EX for my Nexus one, is it possible to use it for my Archos 101 as well?

(I can’t see it’s available in android market)

• Alijan
    • March 4th, 2011 3:36pm

This launcher is very good one. I have one problem with it. How can I do so the app I have started will go back to where it was started when I am closing it. Hope everyone understood me? :-) If it is not possible, please make an update so we can choose from options. Thanks

• Miguel
    • March 5th, 2011 5:32pm

I bought the ADWlauncher EX and I really like it. I am using it on a HTC DROID Eris and it works great. The only thing I am unable to do is use the HTC widgets like the Photo Album which I really like. Is there a way I can use it? Thanks.

Miguel

• patrick
    • March 6th, 2011 5:42am

Sometimes my app draw opens and the screen is blank. I have to open and close it several times before the apps appear in the drawer. Is there an update for this. I have the paid version loaded on my evo. Thanks for your input.

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!

• Adam Naglich
    • March 6th, 2011 8:02pm

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but when using the drawer animation when opening or closing, for a split second, a black screen is displayed. ( I am talking milliseconds) This unfortunately is enough to keep me from using the drawer animation which I wish was not the case.

• Rocko
    • March 7th, 2011 9:37pm

Please ad scrollable dock please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• partisano
    • March 8th, 2011 5:26pm

Rocko :
    Please ad scrollable dock please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add dock icons gestures too!!!

• Jose
    • March 9th, 2011 1:02am

I purchased ADWLAUNCHER EX and i gave my cell to my son and he reloaded phone with his settings, how do i get the Application downloaded again without having to buy it. Its not listed under purchases since the phone is setup for his number. I dont think i should pay for it again/. help me please or email the file i need to reload the application since i didnt save it on my phone.

Jose

• John
    • March 9th, 2011 3:45am

Using on gingerbread 2.3.3. Doesn’t seem to be playing nice. Sometimes press on UI setting and screen just goes dim. Back button brightens back up. Press again may go dim may go black, Then it freezes. Has done this several times. Have to reboot. Hopefully update could fix.

• Gersto
      • March 18th, 2011 4:23pm

Are you using Cyanogenmod? If so check Cyanogenmod setting. Under Performance settings check ‘lock home in memory’

Also make sure ‘system persistent’ is checked in the ADWSettings.

I still get that occasional lockup with ADW but this significantly decreases the chances of it happening (and takes care of those nasty FCs)

• monon
    • March 10th, 2011 5:34am

Please to use the “System persistent” in landscape mode.

• Grant
    • March 10th, 2011 4:49pm

i love the app, but it crashed, i can not get it to re-open, any ideas other than deleting it and re installing? i don’t want to reconfigure my phone again, i had it just how i wanted it.??? htc incredible

• Dj
    • March 11th, 2011 6:21am

If you can build in the options necessary to pause live wallpapers when “desktop exceptions” are launched (ie: the app draw) , then i would gladly purchase adw ex.

more info here.

• evilC
    • March 13th, 2011 8:49am

Hi, new to android and loving ADW.

One quick request…
    I want to add some of my own custom icons, but I DONT want them on the SD card (Cos I have multiple cards I swap out) – could you either add an option to browse for a pic on internal storage, or publish a quick guide on how to acheive this some other way?

Thanks!

• Strider
    • March 13th, 2011 9:28am

Tried on my Archos 101. The settings for drawer are perfect but I can not set up desktop in the same way. It is not possible to set 9×6 layout for landscape mode and 6×9 for portrait. Captions for icons are compressed and a lot of free space around. Large screen 1024×600 is not optimal filled. When I rotate from portrait to landscape some widgets were partially out from the screen. Can it be fixed? Thank you.

• Carnie
    • March 13th, 2011 6:41pm

How about adding a setting for “disable drag and drop from drawer to home screen” in ADWLauncher? I never want to drag and drop anything, the only thing I want to do in the app drawer is either swipe to the next page, or open an app. Sometimes when I want swipe to the next batch of icons in the app drawer, it thinks that I want to drag and drop it to the home screen. Which is kind of irritating in the long run..

• John
    • March 14th, 2011 2:39pm

Carnie :

Go to settings and lock home screen. That prevents that from happening.

• mes215
    • March 14th, 2011 10:28pm

I’ve been using ADW Launcher EX since it first came out, and like it a lot. However, since the last update, the incidence of crashes is happening more and more. ADW Launcher EX also seems to have some compatibility issues with Fancy Widgets, and with its own Wallpaper chooser. This is an issue that has been going on for a long time. When I choose a wallpaper, a lot of times ADW Launcher fails to register the change and I have to go back into the wallpapers to choose it again. Sometimes, even that does not work, and the only solution I’ve found is to Restart ADW Launcher. Once that happens, the wallpaper changes with no problem.

Also connecting my phone via USB to my PC seems to cause a reboot, and it looks like it has more to do with ADW Launcher stalling and crashing than anything else.

Please fix this, as this is a great product and I want to continue using it.

• Brad
    • March 16th, 2011 6:21pm

There is a “hidden” dock which is scrollable – the most awesome feature and nobody knows about it. However, can you please reduce the amount of space between the icons. It looks great until it becomes large enough to scroll and then the spacing is too much.

Also, how do I add more pages? Can’t find it anywhere.

• Brad
    • March 16th, 2011 6:25pm

Ah, simply click Menu -> Edit -> Then Add Pages!

• Brad
    • March 16th, 2011 6:31pm

More info on the hidden dock. Menu->More->ADW Settings->UI Settings->Hiddent DockBar-> Enable Dockbar. Then, ADW Settings->General Behavior->Gestures->Swip Up Action->Open/Close Dockbar or Long-press desktop and add “Launcher Action” -> Open/Close Dockbar. Now drag icons onto the empty space at the side/bottom of your screen.

• Kevin
    • March 17th, 2011 4:55am

Zoom support for EX please? I’d be happy to beta.

• Ruben
    • March 17th, 2011 12:10pm

Hwy dev is the adwlauncher project dead. where are the updates.

• Kevin
    • March 17th, 2011 6:40pm

I am watching GO Launcher as they are updating constantly and may catch up soon….I sure hope this project isn’t dead as there is no active fixes or updates.

• Jim
    • March 18th, 2011 1:33am

I wish when opening a folder that it had an animation instead of just popping up. Maybe zoom from small icon to full folder.

• Gersto
    • March 18th, 2011 4:29pm

Is everything ok?

You’ve done long absences with ADW updates before but i don’t think it’s been 2 months long. I’m hoping the project isn’t finished, especially with the issues you’ve noted about the open source ADW and people not giving credit where credit is due.

This has been a great launcher. We are all hoping it continues to progress.

• ScottHW
    • March 18th, 2011 5:42pm

Just wanted to say that I recently upgraded from ADW.Launcher (1.3.6) stock in CM7 to ADW Launcher EX.

I’m happy to support Development, and the Developer, of one of the best and most popular Apps out there for Android.

• ScottHW
    • March 18th, 2011 5:43pm

Have found a couple of minor bugs, but I’m not quite sure how to report them…

[BUG] ADWLauncher EX Customize Menu failure

• siB
    • March 19th, 2011 5:49pm

request: ability to swipe left and right through catalogues when vertical scroll app draw is used (instead of/as well as buttons)
    excellent work

• Norwegian
    • March 20th, 2011 11:00pm

Is this project dead? If not, get a forum, please. :)

• Patch
    • March 21st, 2011 7:45am

I dont know if there is a place for suggestions so im giving one here…

I would like to see tabs for the various different app drawers made. Or at least label which drawer you are currently on.

• Gunther
    • March 21st, 2011 10:00am

Hi,

I am going to buy this launcher. But before I have one question to which I could not find an answer:
    I’d like to have the original app drawer icons including the icon backgrounds from the TW 3.0. Is it possible to create my own theme and define not only the icon (source) but also the (icon) background image?

If not => feature request.

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings
    Gunther

• Gunther
      • March 21st, 2011 5:47pm

It’s me again … ;-)
      In the meanwhile I purchased the app and played around with its settings and tried all of the different options.

As I started with the original TW 3.0 on my SGS and then switched over to the GO Launcher EX I have a few suggestions … .

Here is my wishlist:
      1. Infinite loop (at least) for the home screens
      2. An option to select the icon backgrounds only for the drawer (and not for the home screen)
      3. I do not get the real sense of the hidden dockbar. I would prefer different dockbars which you can slide like the home screens. And when hiding the dockbar the desktop should be automatically locked.

And it seems that the apps in the drawer are (always) automatically sorted alphabetically. If so I would like to suggest an option for a custom order.

But even if there could be some further options/ improvements (for me) it is probably the best launcher around.

Unfortunately I am quite new to Android (and also to Java). So I couldn’t code things myself or help others doing this. But I have many ideas and a “good feeling” for usabilty – I would be pleased if I could help in any way to make the launcher even better. :-)

My email adress is: netsurfer24[at]googlemail.com
      Feel free to contact me or if you could send me some information about my question (see above) concerning pre-defined icon backgrounds – thanks!

Gunther

• Patrick
    • March 22nd, 2011 2:44am

Love the launcher and never had a problem before. I noticed my ex adw launcher has been force closing lately I don’t know if it’s the update or another app on my Samsung Galaxy S Fas. It’s force closing at least once of day.

• Ed
    • March 22nd, 2011 2:21pm

Dear Dev,

I am hoping that the option to have different wallpapers on each homescreen could be worked into ADW launcher in the future. From reading about this feature seems to be in high demand, and if added to the EX version would increase its value.

Keep up the good work!

• ScottHW
    • March 23rd, 2011 4:52pm

siB :
    excellent work

I would second this request, it would be a great UI feature as an option.

• gilleshander
    • March 24th, 2011 10:58am

Hi,
    The best home for me (HTC desire 2.2), but:
    - Please make the dock slide (as LP and go launcher do), as secondary dock is not friendly and not easy to use.
    - Add unread count update for HTC mail: I used it with an Exchange account to get my coporate mails.

Regards