ADWLauncher EX. “A new hope”
ADWLauncher EX is now available through AndroidPIT market for everyone who prefer buying through paypal, have problems with their credit cards not allowing Euro payments or just don’t have Google’s support on their countries!
Hi everyone and Merry Christmas!!!!
I’m proud to announce a new toy for all of you, desktop tweaking addicts. Here’s what I’ve named “ADWLauncher EX“.
Differences between ADW.Launcher and ADWLauncher EX
ADWLauncher EX is based on the ADW.Launcher opensource code with a lot of new additions and improvements, like for example:
- 5 different app drawer styles/behaviors
- 3D Nexus One like applications drawer
- 2 different plain vertical applications drawers styles, the “old one” and a new fast and smooth one
- 2 different Iphone-like horizontal applications drawers, a traditional paginated one and a new one with continuous fling
- Different desktop transitions (8 at the moment): new animations while navigating through your desktop screens. Try them all, they’re crazy!!!
- New Icons configurations/look and feel: Tweak your desktop icons, change its sizes, add coloured backgrounds, change font size, color, etc!
- New fast presets mode: Quickly change the whole desktop configuration by 1 click!
- Editable desktop icons for applications, shortcuts and folders!
- Lots of code improvements
- More, more more to come!!
¿Is this opensource too, like ADW.Launcher?
Er….. what??? Are you serious?
Hm….. So we won’t be seeing ADWLauncher EX source code being released anytime soon, right?
I haven’t said that :-)
When I think it’s time to do it. I’m really tired of some parts of the “android developer community” using my code to develop cool apps (it’s an honour but) never contributing to my (or other) opensource projects, or even put a single mention out there about their code “origins”….
So the amount of ADWLauncher EX code being opensourced and the time rquired to do it will depend on a lot of factors from now on.
Are you discontinuing the free ADW.Launcher?
At all. And I’m always trying to have both projects “in sync” so all new ADW.Launcher features will be added to ADWLauncher EX, and *some* ADWLauncher EX features will become part of ADW.Launcher too.
And remember, ADW.Launcher is an opensource project, anyone could fork it and go on developing it (as a lot other developers have done but without releasing sources)….
Also remember that I’m not the only guy developing ADW.Launcher. @boombuler is coding and helping a lot.