ADWLauncher v1.3.0 and ADWNotifier v0.7

Update

HINT: Menu/Add/Custom Shortcut/Launcher Actions

Here we go, another update.

Warning:

As previously said, this update will break some of the graphics used in themes, so if your dock looks ugly, please contact your theme developer to update it!
My own themes are ready and I’ll be releasing the update by the next hours.

ADWLauncher changes:

• Small UI revamp (Trash can moved to the top, configurable main dock, etc).
  • Drag and drop a desktop icon in the same place to edit it.
  • Support for colored counter bubbles.
  • Support for easier scrolling of the hidden dockbar.
  • Support for replacing the app drawer button with anything.
  • You can uninstall widgets too by holding them into the trash can.
  • Lots of fixes.

ADWNotifier v0.7 changes

• Color selection for the notifications.
  • Added a white-list for Norriz mode: if you enable this option, only applications added to the white list will trigger notifications.
  • The white-list also allows to select different color for each app (just long-press over the app)
  • Improved the code, hopefully to reduce some crashes.

A few screenshots:

• Andrew
    • December 2nd, 2010 2:57am

First off, this is a fantastic launcher and I want to thank you for creating it. It runs light, it runs pretty, and it runs well.

However, a note about the trash can:
    I understand that the move helps with issues of accidentally replacing apps/icons on the dock, but I for one have never had that problem and am now having a few problems with the trash can being on top. Since the area where the trash is activated is so tall and wide, I have accidentally deleted widgets multiple times when trying to move them on the top row. Would it be possible to condense the area or maybe even offer the option of returning it to the bottom along with the original app drawer button instead of the custom icon?

I realize that you don’t like negative feedback (who does?), but I think it would be helpful if you responded to this in a productive manner instead of saying “Get used to it.”

Much thanks

• AnderWeb
      • December 2nd, 2010 11:10am

Please read my previous comments before saying such things….
      I’ve already stated that I’m working on a solution for that, noy that I don’t want negative feedback…

• tntteam
    • December 4th, 2010 2:54pm

Hello !

Thanks for nice software !!

I have a little question.

I installed a theme I like very much (and want to keep) but there is a small bug :

The central icon of 5 icon on bottom, is grafic bugged. I mean not integrated with the theme.

Any idea which file I should try to edit to fix this ?

Thanks

• Rainer
    • December 5th, 2010 11:16am

Hello!

At first, this is really a great app.But every good thing can be better ;-)
    I agree andrew in his post, a smaller trash can would be helpful.
    I have another proposal: the possibility to generate categories in the drawer is great. What do you think about a popup list of categories by pressing the drawer button. This would enable a faster access to the wanted category. I have 8 categories and until now I have to scoll to the right one.

Regards
    Rainer

• AndroidClub NL
    • December 7th, 2010 1:23am

Thanks for your great launcher in CM, just got 1.3.3! But can you please tell me how to change the shortcuts in the dockbar? I accidently moved a shortcut to the middle position, so I can’t access the app drawer anymore!!! Thanks for your help!

• BrainWav
      • December 10th, 2010 7:10pm

Add > Launcher Actions > Open/close App Drawer

• BrainWav
    • December 10th, 2010 7:08pm

Just started using the launcher, and grabbed the notifier so I can hide my notification bar effectively.

It all works great, with one exception. In the notifier, I’ve got Chuck mode enabled, but when the dot pops up on my email app (the stock non-gmail client), I just get a question mark. It still works, but I’d rather have a number. I tried with and without the whitelist, and with and without it *in* the whitelist.

Motorola Droid, 2.2. Notifier is version .7.

• rdk
    • December 10th, 2010 11:05pm

Notifier for 1.6 donut?

• AnderWeb
      • December 11th, 2010 12:38am

Not yet sorry

• Frenchy
    • December 22nd, 2010 10:55pm

Love the Launcher. Love the notifier. However, the notifier does not seem to get my google voice unread count. All it shows is a question mark.
    HTC EVO – CyanogenMod 6.1

• luhu
    • December 25th, 2010 12:59pm

Is it possible to use it with the HTC Mail App?

• Sam
    • December 31st, 2010 10:35pm

Same problem as others here – gmail shows a question mark and not number of unread/unseen. Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks.

• Sabcia
    • January 4th, 2011 9:27pm

Seems to have some problems with Launcher Ex.. sometimes works sometimes doesn’t

• Doc
    • January 12th, 2011 5:17am

I love your launcher, just wondering if you could support 10 X 10 for us minimalist?

• Patrick
    • January 12th, 2011 1:54pm

I am using Launcher EX (best launcher imho) and Noifier. Even with a configured whitelist of “chuck norriz” mode, I get notifications of every app.
    Stock email app shows only a question mark and not number of unread/unseen mails.

ZTE Blade w/ custom 2.2 ROM

• Patrick
    • January 12th, 2011 2:19pm

Patrick :
    ZTE Blade w/ custom 2.2 ROM

Rebooted and now only notifications for selected apps!

• GamerGuy80
    • January 12th, 2011 8:44pm

i am having a problem with ADWnotifier …. i have handcentsms as my default messaging program and when i go into adwnotifier and tell it to have the sms bubble notifications appear on the handcent sms program it will work for awhile and then it wont and i have to keep reselecting handcentsms in the settings…it just wont stick. can you look into this please. thank you.