ADWLauncher v.1.3.3 released

Update v1.3.3

Minor bugfix release:

• Fixed the korean translation
  • Re-added the old icon tinting option for the dock
  • New option to select the color for the dock icon tinting

Update v1.3.2

Another small bugfix release:

• Fixed (at last, hopefully) the desktop indicator disappearing forever
  • Fixed a FC when selecting certain icons from IconPacks
  • Updated translations
  • A few other small FC fixes

Old post

Hi everyone,
Small bugfix release here (no, i’m not gonna change the app drawer icon, sorry).

Changes:

• Updated translations.
  • Fixed the overscrolling if you have “desktop overshoot” set to zero.
  • Fixed the desktop indicator disappearing
  • Fix the horizontal app drawer getting stuck if open while loading the apps
  • Other small fixes for FCs

Hints:

As not everyone like the new app drawer icon, you can create your own app drawer icon by doing this:

Menu/Add/Custom Shortcut/pick activity/Launcher Actions/Open-Close App drawer
Then you can leave the default icon or choose your own one and put it on the dock in whatever position you want.

If you want the old icon design, download this to your phone and select it as icon when creating your custom shortcut.

• Guto ViP
    • December 8th, 2010 10:01pm

Hello Ander! I have one sugestion to you…. Can you make a mod inside leaked Gingerbread launcher, for Froyo users of course? I reaaly love to use your launcher with Notifier (i buyed it) and ADW Sense Theme (Free on Market)…

I really expect about your mod in Ginger Home Launcher!

Cya!

• Just Bill
    • December 8th, 2010 10:37pm

Spent most of the day playing with ADW and really like it. However, I’m not sure how to control my default launcher. When I used HOME to return from an app, I checked the box to make my choice the default, and then chose ADW. At that time a tip was displayed saying I could change the default with menu>settings>applications>manage-applications. But I can find no setting there that controls the default launcher. What am I missing?

• Just Bill
      • December 8th, 2010 10:39pm

I should have added, MyTough 3G with Froyo.

• Otaq
        • December 13th, 2010 9:09pm

Go to menu>settings>applications>manage-applications
        then tap ADW Launcher. There will be some options like uninstall and other. Tap on ‘wipe default settings’ or ‘reset default settings’ or something similar. (Sorry, I’m using other language setting and don’t know exact translation). Then push home button and you can choose launcher you want (and make it default if you want).

• Just Bill
    • December 8th, 2010 11:04pm

A small problem: I like to turn off the icon labels, but that means that if I have more than one folder, I can’t tell them apart. Maybe if there is a way to have unique folder icons, or a short alpha-numeric identifier within the icon it would help. If not, it’s still a great launcher.

• AJ
    • December 9th, 2010 12:30am

Hi, I love this App, especially the ability to add more rows/columns of icons to each screen. I always tease my iPhone 4 using friends by showing them my 6 x 5 icon configuration on my home screen :)

The only feature that I’d like you to add, which my default HTC Sense launcher has, is the ability to turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with one click (there’s a widget for each of these functions in HTC Sense).

I’d rather not use the Power Control widget, as I only want to take up 2 icon spaces on my home screen, and not 5.

This addition to a future version would be awesome.

Cheers!

• AJ
      • December 9th, 2010 2:31am

Sorry guys, just realised you can download the widgets separately, so you can ignore this post. BTW – already given the App 5 stars :)

• Carlos
    • December 9th, 2010 10:29pm

Hi there. First of all, thanks A LOT for ADW Launcher. I think it’s a killer app!

Secondly, I’m kinda noob and don’t know how to edit an apk with adb. I have an old htc kaiser running donut, therefore, using version 1.2.0.

My question is: is there an easy way of changing the app drawer icon?

Thanks man,

Cheers

• lintmail
    • December 10th, 2010 9:55pm

Love the app. One request – please add a feature to lock the dockbar. I keep accidentally changing items.

• rdk
    • December 10th, 2010 10:56pm

Puting trash to the top was bad idea :-( now i cant even move my icons to the top. The old solution was a much better (trash at bottom) and some times the launcher just restart when Im in other app and then I go back.

• ben oye
    • December 11th, 2010 12:50pm

I want to download this…

• Just Bill
    • December 11th, 2010 11:37pm

rdk :
    Puting trash to the top was bad idea

Yeah, I had a problem with moving the icons to the top row too, but learned that if you “flick” them just right rather than slide them, they go. But flick too hard and they to to the trash and disappear. A better solution is needed.

• AndyFascinate
    • December 12th, 2010 3:51am

After that most recent update, the long press of my search button now brings up an “Application Not Installed on Phone” message instead of voice search (or market shortcut, depending on what settings I’m using). If I switch back to stock launcher, the problem disappears. Any fixes?

Verizon Fascinate (CDMA Galaxy S)

• Chris
    • December 12th, 2010 5:12am

Hi Ander,
    I love this App but unfortunatly I’m not able to get upgrades from Market (dammned stuck on starting download error). Please make available the standalone apk for me.
    Chris

• T.than
    • December 12th, 2010 12:34pm

i like…..I want to download this…

• Clint
    • December 13th, 2010 8:44am

Will there be a option in the future to add a custom graphic to the dock bar?

• Raze
    • December 13th, 2010 10:43am

How should I download it? Its not available on market

• Just Bill
    • December 13th, 2010 6:54pm

Raze :
    How should I download it? Its not available on market

Yes, it is. It’s hard to find because all the hundreds of ADW themes in the list, but it is there. An easier way to find it is to use an app like ShopSavvy or Barcode Scanner and scan the barcode at the top of this page. That will take you right to the ADW.launcher in Market.

• Marcus
    • December 13th, 2010 11:15pm

Hi! I love this app, tested it on CM6.1 for a while now. But now i’m gonna return to CM5 as 6.1 is too laggy on my magic.
    Is there anybody who’s able and willing to build a 1.3.3 System Version for eclair?
    Tia,
    Marcus

• Marco
    • December 14th, 2010 4:11am

Great launcher…Thanks for working hard on this!
    I have a problem using v1.3.3 with Nexus One with 2.2.1. Every time I click the home icon I return to the standard Android launcher no matter I set “Home bottom Binding” and “System persistent” checked.

Is this a bug of some sort? If so, is it fixable?

Please help I am desperate!!
    Thanks

• john
    • December 14th, 2010 11:56pm

ADW is great- I love it – however, I accidentally dropped an app on the drawer icon on the launcher, and now I can’t figure out how to get back to how it was- I don’t have the app drawer button on the launcher – anyone know how to get it back?

• chad
      • December 20th, 2010 8:09pm

Create a new app drawer shortcut on the background, then you can drop that back onto the launcher bar at the bottom. Long hold onto an empty space on the background, pick custom shortcut, pick ADW launcher actions, then pick app drawer.

• Robert
    • December 15th, 2010 3:00am

Hi

Have found ADW to be awesome. Have been getting my head around it for a few weeks now and slowly sorting it all.

One bug suggestion however- I use the name change function within the “icon long press”. The name changes stay until I power the phone off, whereupon they all return to original names when the phone is powered up again.

The problem does not happen when it goes to sleep- just on full power off.

(Android is HTC Desire running Froyo)

Cheers, and great work….

• Rae
    • December 15th, 2010 5:46pm

Hello,

Been switching back and forth between launchers for awhile but ADW was my favorite. However, I have an embarrassingly simply problem I can’t seem to figure out…(and I have been able to in the past). Where do I change the number of home screens? I want to have 7 and have 4 be the default home screen but I can’t seem to find that option in any of the preferences settings and I’ve gone through them all numerous times. I just can’t figure out where to change that. Any help to point me to that setting would be awesome. I’m worried that maybe I have a borked install of ADW.

Thanks in advance!

• Rae
    • December 15th, 2010 5:55pm

Nevermind! Finally found it under “edit”. Got my 7 screens back. :)

• Just Bill
    • December 15th, 2010 6:56pm

I have found only two ways to undo the loss of the app drawer icon (or any other action icon that you lose by dropping another icon on it). One way is to uninstall ADW and re-install it. The other is to uninstall the app that you dropped on the action icon. You can then re-install it later. Maybe Anderweb will give us some help there.

• landy
      • December 21st, 2010 2:20am

I love to know how to fix this as I have lost my app drawer action button and can not get it back.

Also on android 2.3 it wont open the app drawer at all! Says application not installed on phone.

mmmmm

Thanks,
      LK

• Just Bill
    • December 15th, 2010 7:08pm

Maybe someone can help me out. There are 2 features I just don’t understand.
    1) What are “app catalogs navigation buttons”? I see the setting to show them, but don’t know what they are, and don’t think I see any. Or, what are app catalogs?
    2) What does “Home button binding” mean? I can change its setting, but how do I use it?

Thanks

• sebas
    • December 16th, 2010 5:39am

this launcher its great, i don’t know if i can talk about Launcher Pro here, but i have to say, Launcher Pro is good, but this is better just for the simple thing that i can change themes! :) but it will be really nice and probably beat Launcher Pro if ADW Launcher have dock, because only one line to put apps in the bottom is a little bit boring, i want dock! or more dock! XD and widgets :p for example, the widget for the calendar that android brings from factory its horrible, it doesn’t do anything :S..you should work on that! but besides that everything´s fine! i love it :D

• archosfan
    • December 17th, 2010 6:41pm

Hello Ander,

I wrote a comment here once before (before the last two updates which didn’t solve the problem I’m describing), to say that at least for me (using an Archos 5IT, Android 1.6), the ADW.Launcher 1.3.X versions have a problem with wallpapers – the wallpapers get displaced (about +60px from the top in landscape mode) and stretched (resized?), something the 1.2.x versions didn’t do. Did you have the time to figure out what’s happening? I can provide screenshots if you think it’d help.
    Oh and in the screen locked mode – when you need to enter the pattern in order to unlock, the background wallpaper still shows fine (and all wallpapers are 800x480px, the exact resolution of the display). Thanks!

• buk.3000
    • December 18th, 2010 1:00am

Just dl from market onto my x10 the app isnt in my apps draw cant open it ! Any ideas how to fix anyone. Uninstalled and re dl still no joy:(

• Ash
    • December 21st, 2010 2:22pm

I really like your launcher. I have only one item to add to the wish list. Can you add a 3D app drawer? Something like “Home Launcher” had or like the stock LG Ally has.

• Stephan
    • December 21st, 2010 2:43pm

i have updated my Samsung Galaxy S phone to Rom XXJPX and now i get
    the error message

“Error backing up ADW settings!”

when trying
    ADWSettings > Backup and restore > Backup ADW settings

there is a zero byte long file created on
    /mnt/sdcard/adw_settings.xml

what can i do to resolve this issue?

thanks, brgds, Stephan

• mirj
    • December 22nd, 2010 7:42am

Nice

• MFurball
    • December 28th, 2010 8:32pm

Hi Guys

Great app…Two questions..

1) Can’t seem to change the icons..Keeps saying No application can perform this action. What am I missing?
    2) In the demo, when you select the Menu option he gets ADWsettings in the corner. I get ‘Lock desktop’ which replaces ‘Setting’, How do I change that?

• Greg
    • January 6th, 2011 2:27pm

Hey! I just purhcased the launcher – Its truely awesome!

Small request. Could you add an option for swipe gestures like launcher pro has for dock icons? that basically doubles your dock. e.g. I want to press on an email for my regular mail, but swipe press for touchdown (work exchange). Stuff like that is so useful :)

Cheers!

• Andi
    • January 13th, 2011 12:12am

Hi,

GREAT APP!

But I don’t buy it cause of an error, it’s the same as Stephan got:

“Error backing up ADW settings!”

Is someone working on this issue?