ADW.Launcher 1.1.5 released

Note:

Also released a bunch of donate themes!
If you’d like to support ADW development, please, buy them in the Market!

v1.1.5 notes

Well, there’s no *fancy candy* on this release, just a lot of fixes and merged some of the latest scrollable widgets api.
The most important change is that we changed a bit the main dock layout, so if you’re using ADWThemes and start looking “bad”, please contact your theme developer so he can update the theme!

The stripped changelog is this:

• Fix for a bug when removing desktop icons making other icons to disappear until a launcher restart.
  • Update to Scrollable API r47.
  • Removed the launcher restart when changing the Scrollable widget support.
  • Little tweak for the drawer opening/closing animation conditions.
  • Little fix so the horizontal app drawer doesn’t open in the middle of 2 pages.
  • Fix the crop intent for the custom shirtcut icon selector.
  • Themers can now specify if secondary action buttons are enabled upon theme apply.
  • Little layout changes, beware themers!!!

Downloads:

Warning, CM6 versions may be different to the ones provided into CM6 nightlies/rom releases, so make sure you nandroid or whatever before pushing/flashing!

Downloads are hosted in our google-code project site.

• nightsnail
    • September 9th, 2010 12:53am

When “System persistent” is turned on, the screen is fixed to “Landscape”.
    I want to use it in the “Portrait” mode.
    The setting by “Home Orientation” is disregarded.

SHARP IS01

• JackG058
    • September 9th, 2010 2:28am

I bought one of the themes in order to support your efforts. It took me awhile to figure out some of the customizations, but once I did I’m really liking this launcher. It is fast and highly customizable. Only thing I miss from HTC Sense is the HTC widgets. Anyway to access these? Really just the weather/clock widget is what I’ve always used.

• September 9th, 2010 8:59am

Try in the market, there’s a few clock/weather widgets like the htc one (fancy widget, beautiful widgets, weather widget…)

• JackG058
        • September 9th, 2010 3:41pm

Thank you for the quick response, and thank you for the work you contribute to the community. ADW is a wonderful addition to the world of Android.

• ciasaboark
    • September 9th, 2010 6:12am

Any chance of an option to have the home button always go to the default screen like the stock launcher does?

• September 9th, 2010 8:59am

Yes, check the adwsettings, system settings, home binding

• Eddie Android
    • September 9th, 2010 8:27am

@ciasaboark its under “system preferences” then click “Home button binding” and choose “go to default screen”.

• grand8095
    • September 9th, 2010 10:44am

I just want to say thank you for everything you have done! Android wouldn’t be as awesome without ADW! Thanks so much keep up the awesome work!

• September 9th, 2010 12:25pm

I really appreciate your kind comment :)

• yoyo
    • September 9th, 2010 11:21am

Hy,

Is there another way to buy the “two “blackblue” theme ? I don’t wanna “open” a google chekout account. Of course if there is some update of this theme I would appreciate them … ;-)

Anyway, this home is really amazing. I used it for so long and never found something equal (gesture, dockbar etc.). 5 stars on market (of course) & I’ll give you a beer quickly.

• Melissa
    • September 9th, 2010 5:31pm

So I woke up this morning and all my settings are back to normal! It still shows this app in my downloads and the antique orange I paid for but I can’t get them to load! There’s no options for it. Please help thanks!

• droidhacker aka lbcoder
    • September 9th, 2010 6:27pm

The catalogs/groups are a nice start. Two MINOR things to adjust on them though;

1) When the drawer is open and you press “menu”, there is just too much crap in there. Creating and deleting catalogs should be OUT of there and into the regular settings menu.

2) The whole point in groups is that you DON’T have everything all stuck in one drawer. As a result, the “ALL” group is a real ugly thing to have sitting around. Let it be removed! Easy way to do it is like this: IFF there are NO GROUPS DEFINED, *THEN* select the “ALL” group.

• droidhacker aka lbcoder
    • September 9th, 2010 6:31pm

Also: It is real ugly to have the word “ALL” in all caps. “All” looks much nicer.

What I would actually do is this;
    New menu entry in SETTINGS: Group Settings.
    This menu entry opens another menu containing these options:

New Catalog,
    Remove Catalog,
    Setup Group (when selected, it prompts you for the group to setup).

When the drawer is open, pressing the menu button offers the list of groups — no need to press “menu” –> “Choose Catalog”. Saves a click, makes everything much more slick.

• September 9th, 2010 10:54pm

Read the previous post please

• nick
    • September 10th, 2010 2:25am

Thanks for doing such a good job of keeping this app updated. One question though: is that the stock sense clock in the screenshots of the new themes? I didn’t think you could use that clock in adw, but if it is, how can I use it? If it isn’t, what’s the name of the clock? It looks better than any of the ones I’ve tried.

• September 10th, 2010 9:10am

No, it is beautiful widgets one

• kepano
    • September 10th, 2010 3:38am

i got the 1.15 update today. adw no longer workers…i uninstalled all themes and the launcher several times with reboots….nothing….help ….

• September 10th, 2010 9:11am

Press your phone’s home button and select ADW as your launcher.

If that doesn’t work you may need to go Settings/Applications/Manage applications, look for your current launcher and “clear defaults”. Then hit your phone’s home button and select ADW.

An easier way (if you’re not running froyo) is by installing “Home switcher” from market.

• james
    • September 10th, 2010 4:40am

thanks so much for the efforts on developing such a great app for us. i’m using the donut version of the launcher, but i’ve got a bit lost for the setting of the “number of desktop screens”, pls help~

• September 10th, 2010 9:10am

Press menu/edit while at the desktop

• james
        • September 10th, 2010 10:50am

thanks a lot

• Jon
    • September 11th, 2010 8:31am

hi…i wanna know what size of theme_wallpaper suits best for hdpi and mdpi when making themes??((i cant use 640×480 because it will look blurry on hdpi screens and 840×480 looks big on mdpi))…
    secondly i want to knw what size should i use to create my own expand/collapse launcher icon??…((when i try to resize it lyk a normal desktop icon by 48×48 for mdpi or 75×75 for hdpi it looks then bigger than the other icons for some reason))..Thanks alot for your time….

• September 11th, 2010 11:03am

You can place different resolution wallpaper inside drawable-mdpi/hdpi/ldpi and android will use the proper one.

The bottom dock pictures use 64dip width

• Jon
        • September 11th, 2010 3:35pm

thx alot…i did put custom size wallpapers as theme_wallpaper in hdpi/mdpi drawables and it worked!!
        Is there a way to change the icon’s dpi cuz i cant seem to find a way to do that on photoshop ,windows photo manager nor paint.net??? thx again 4 yr help

• JD
    • September 12th, 2010 12:59am

Love, love, LOVE this launcher, and all of the themes. Just one quick question: do you forsee any sports inspired themes coming soon? I am a huge UNC and NO Saints fan, and would love to be able to represent my teams on my second love, my phone. :-) Thanks for the great work that you do.

• September 13th, 2010 10:11am

Afaik I can’t sell copyrighted material if I don’t want to be sued, and I can’t spend time making free themes cause I’m unemployed and all my time goes to coding adw and/or donate themes… Sorry.

• drac
    • September 12th, 2010 6:23am

Hello, my wife just bought a motorola charm, which is 320×240 screen res. I love ADW on my phones, but on hers the application browsing cuts off the text labels of the bottom row of icons so she cant see what 1/4 of the programs are. Can you please fix this in a future release when you get the chance? Thanks

• September 13th, 2010 10:12am

If the screen is too narrow, configure the number of drawer rows to 3 instead of 4.

• Bean7036
    • September 12th, 2010 8:28am

I’m having problems with the launcher, after using a drawer or desktop app, when I go back to the home screen the launcher crashed and restarts. Sometimes it force closes but more times than not it will slowly reload the background and then slowly load the wiggets and desktop. Im running it on a Mytouch 3G 1.2

Thx

• September 13th, 2010 10:13am

Read the previous post, thanks.

• Shabbir
    • September 12th, 2010 12:41pm

hey ur apps is really good.try to add features like:
    unread sms,misscallcounter and unread gmail nest to the icone..thn it ll looks much better..looking foreward to hear from u

• September 13th, 2010 10:14am

Read the previous post, thanks

• Dave
    • September 13th, 2010 9:51am

I want to start out by saying how great v1.1.5 turned out and keep up the good work! – - I have both beautiful wideget v3.12 and weather toggle 7.2, problem is that I can’t get either of the widgets to fill the screen to the edges. Any suggestions? Running a HTC HD2 with cyanogen(mod) 6.0.0 Thanks for you help. :)

• September 13th, 2010 10:17am

If you’re using stock adw config they should work as expected.
      Btw, a screenshot would help to clarify the issue.
      Also please read the previous post.

• Mipami
    • September 14th, 2010 6:01am

How do you access the icon package to change the icons to the words in the dock launcher part like you have in the pictures? I’m using the black/blue 2 theme

• September 14th, 2010 11:44am

Just create a “custom shortcut” via add menu, select the app, select adw icon packs for the icon and select the theme pack

• Steve
    • September 14th, 2010 6:59am

OK I’ll be danged if I can figure out how to get my background on the dockbar to lineup since the latest update! It seems to be shifted up a pixel on the action button background.

• September 14th, 2010 11:45am

Is it your own theme?

• Steve
    • September 14th, 2010 11:50am

Yes it is

• September 15th, 2010 11:20am

Have you modified the template lab/rab/etc pngs? You must do it to accommodate to the new layout. All buttons are 64dip with now and are bottom aligned

• NoDoze
    • September 15th, 2010 7:00am

Ever since I upgraded to 1.1.5 every time my phone comes out of standby mode adw crashes and I’m prompted to force close adw. The previous version, I had no issues.

Dell Streak ATT version running O2 2.1 rom

can someone point me a link to the previous version.

Thanks.

• darzki
    • September 15th, 2010 12:15pm

NoDoze :
    Dell Streak ATT version running O2 2.1 rom
    can someone point me a link to the previous version.
    Thanks.

I have the same issue. ADW 1.1.5 worked just fine for some time, but today my alarm clock didn’t start and after that whole ADW crashes every single time just after the boot. When I disable sound it crash too, but later.

• NoDoze
    • September 15th, 2010 4:11pm

Got 1.1.3 from a previous post. Works smooth and fast again.

• Bilbo Teabaggins
    • September 16th, 2010 2:11am

First off, amazing launcher, I love it!!!!! Seems like Launcherpro has more abilities, but for some reason it feels awkward and clumsy in the day to day usage and bugs out occasionally on me, yours is way more stable! :)

On a request note, coming from a non-coder, is there a way to change the app button in the dock? I’m using Simptext in the dock but can’t change the app button.

Other than that, thanks for creating a great launcher and sharing it with the world!!

p.s. I would have made the request in the other area but it was closed.

• September 17th, 2010 11:35am

Requests should go in the issue tracker, not the blog comments

• grand8095
    • September 16th, 2010 1:52pm

will you be making a halloween theme? I would love to buy that

• Swift
    • September 18th, 2010 1:38pm

How do we change the dock background?

• Oliver
    • September 18th, 2010 4:05pm

Is it possible to implement an option to hide apps from the drawer? Some apps have useless multiple icons I’d love to hide to slim down the list in the drawer a bit.

• September 19th, 2010 10:52am

• Oliver
        • September 20th, 2010 9:57am

Great. GoogleMaps alone has four Icons in the drawer and at least two of them are unneeded (Latidute, which you can enable in the app itself, and Navigation, which you can start from inside the app). Other apps are like this too.

I don’t even have a lot of apps installed but the lists gets longer and I’d love to reduce the number of app icons.

• September 20th, 2010 9:59am

Then hide the ones you don’t want there

• Shaniqua
    • September 19th, 2010 9:12pm

how is system persistance dangerous?- mt3g

• September 20th, 2010 8:20am

Cause google says so

• Oliver
    • September 20th, 2010 9:55am

AnderWeb :

That would be wonderful making the best launcher even better.

• Oliver
    • September 21st, 2010 10:23am

Am I missing that launcher is already able to do that?

• September 21st, 2010 10:32am

Yes, seems you’re missing the custom app catalogs.
      Press menu key while the app drawer is open.

• Oliver
        • September 21st, 2010 10:55am

Indeed. There I thought it would be great if that features would be implemented and now it’s already there. Brilliant, donation coming …

• DWard
    • September 21st, 2010 1:02pm

Anyone having an issue with the taskbar disappearing? I don’t have that option set but once in a while it goes away. Only way to bring it back is to choose the option to hide it then set it back. Thanks!

• September 21st, 2010 11:55pm

Check your adw settings, system settings, swipe actions

• Gizmo6568
    • September 22nd, 2010 2:09am

I d/l the Adw launcher, it worked fine yesterday, today it no longer works, when I press home, just the default home comes up. I have unistalled and reinstalled the app several times. I have tried to got to settings/applications/manageapplications/adw.launcher, but the clear defaults button is grayed out?? any help would be great?

• September 23rd, 2010 10:22pm

You need to clear defaults in your default launcher, not in adw