MaytheForceCloseBeWithYou ADW.Launcher 1.1.3
Update 4: ADW.Launcher v1.1.3 “damn b**ch”
Seems my betatester #alphateam didn’t work so well…. how many bugfix releases!!!
- Little bug with screens editor causing FCs under some circumstances
- More minor dockbar fixes
- Updated translations
If you are using a cyanogenmod custom rom, you can update the ADW version with the following:
Use adb push, rootexplorer or whatever method you want to update your system versions. Or wait for someone else’s posting flashable zips :-)
- CyanogenMod 6x users: download latest rom nigthlies, If it’s not already included, will be soon.
- Cyanogenmod 5x users: use one of this files:
- ADW.Launcher v1.1.3 for CyanogenMod 5.x on HDPi devices like Nexus One: ADW.Launcher v1.1.3 CM5 (hdpi and mdpi compatible)
- ADW.Launcher v1.1.3 for CyanogenMod 5.x on MDPi devices like Dream/Sapphire: ADW.Launcher v1.1.3 CM5x MDPI ONLY
- If you can’t use Androird Market, here are the apks for you to download and install
Update 3: ADW.Launcher v1.1.2
Little bugfix revision with the following:
- Little bug with custom shirtcuts pictures being smaller than they should be
- Minor dockbar fixes
Update 2: ADW.Launcher v1.1.1 released
Little bugfix revision with the following:
- Updated some translations
- The new Icons shader made icons smaller than they should be
- Folder contents got messed/mixed with the app catalogs
- Dockbar allows placing items at the drop position. This mean you can drop icons in between other icons
- A few strange FCs
Long time, I know, but I’ve been making a lot of stuff for this hacky app during the last month…
Here is the brief changelog (for a better one, go to the Github project site, though i’ve not uploaded everything yet):
- On Froyo, apps moved to SD now properly reload their icons when available (on desktop, action buttons, dockbar, folders, etc)
- When using the desktop indicator “Top Dots” sometimes the top margin was missplaced to the left too.
- Properly center the wallpaper with only 1 desktop screen
- Sometimes the trackball/dpad scroll got stuck on the app drawer button
- Fix old bug for the default screen setting not being applied until a restart
- Fix colorpicker hardcoded dimensions to adapt different resolution devices
- Added a few verifications for possible NPEs
- Lowered a bit the swipe actions sensitivity (sometimes this caused widgets being difficult to longpress)
- New “persistence” implementation….Read below
- New preferences to restart ADW or reset ADW settings
- Changed screen cache option into a list to select the desired quality. If you use scrollable widgets this can help reducing errors
- New option to disable wallpaper scrolling
- Dockbar items now can be dragged out the dockbar instead just deleted (I mean DOCKBAR no ACTIONBUTTONS)
- New options to force a specified orientation (between sensor/portrait/landscape)
- Themes now can use a custom font for desktop shortcuts, app drawer and normal folders.
- Themes now can use a new IconShader class thanks to kaydensigh!!!(read below)
- New custom “App Catalogs” thanks to seast!!! (read below)
- New “custom shortcut” option inside “add” menu (read below)
- New “Screens editor” like Samsung’s TWLauncher (read below)
Ok, I’m gonna explain a few things:
This version uses a completely different persistence implementation, but remember this is really only needed for low memory devices like G1(Dream)/Mytouch3G(Sapphire).
- By using this persistence option, ADW.Launcher will FORCE the screen to portrait mode. ADW Won’t auto rotate, even when opening the keyboard on those phones with hardware keyboards.
- This way ADW would be really “hard to kill”, so you can always return to home really fast.
- With this implementation seems the “widget freezing/not updating” issue is completely solved
Also important: if you use this option, a few chunk of your phone’s RAM will be always used by the launcher, so there’s less RAM for other apps…. you know what it means, use at your own risk.
If you’re running CyanogenMod rom version 6, try using its “Home in memory” option instead of this one.
Press menu/add (or long press on the home screen) and select Custom shortcut.
This is a little frontend to the standard “add shortcut” menu but allowing you to change the icon and the label. And even calling “hidden activities” of other apps
Icons can be selected from 3 sources:
- Custom picture: Just select a picture on your phone and use it as icon
- Crop picture: Just select a picture on your phone and crop the desired area to use as icon
- ADWTheme IconPacks: Yeah, ADWThemes will be able to provide icon packs for you to use as source of custom icons :-)
Soon I’ll be making a new post with the required instructions and ADW.Theme.Template update so every theme developer can adapt their themes and provide icon packs. In the meanwhile, my free theme “Stock Blue” already has a demo icon pack for you to test
Kanging Samsung’s great launcher, i’ve developed this little tool to allow you organize your desktop. You can add, remove an swap screens on a really easy way!
- Press “menu/Edit”
- Scroll through your screens
- Use the overlay buttons to remove/add/swap screens
- Press your phone’s “back” key to exit
New way to organize your apps. Make custom application catalogs by hiding the undesired ones and switch between them fast and easy!
- Press your phone’s “menu” key while the app drawer is open
- Select “choose group” to switch between different catalogs
- Select “setup group” to edit the list of desired/hidden applications
- You can remove a group by selecting “remove group”
ADWTheme icon shaders
Theme developers can use a new and “simple” way to apply effects to ALL the icons (but custom shortcuts) by adding a little XML file to the themes. I will be posting more info about that soon.
In the meanwhile, my free theme “Stock Blue” already has a demo shader for you to test
Ok, that’s all for now!!! Please don’t be harsh to me in case of (the ton of) errors!!!