ADW.Launcher 1.0.0!!!

Update 2: System versions for cyanogenmod rom users

Use adb push, rootexplorer or whatever method you want to update it. Or wait for someone else’s posting flashable zips :-)

Update: v1.0.1 released!

I’ve released a little fix cause in the previous one (my fault) the widget longpress timeout (for moving widgets) was too long (2seconds). Now it’s on 700milliseconds.

Sorry everyone :-)

Old post:

Sorry guys, long time without updating :(

I’ve been very busy with the new experimental feature for ADW.Launcher, support for custom themes :-)

I know there are a few remaining bugs out there and things that could be improved, but I’m a one-man-army and I don’t have the knowledge to make things better yet…

With this version I’m releasing 4 custom themes made by myself, 2 free ones and 2 paid ones. Yeah, you’ve read right, paid.

I’ve removed the donation link from the ADW.Launcher settings menu and, if enough people buy my themes i could remove the donation link from the site too. As some of you already know, I’m actually unemployed so every little help is really welcome to pay the rent and having food for my family (we’re only 3, but the kid eats like 3!) ;-)

Ok, so i post a few pics of how ADW.Launcher looks with the applied themes, and later  the next week I’ll be posting more info on how everyone can create custom themes using my Theme Template project.

One last thing, I will probably releasing my themes stuff on http://themes.piratemedia.tv/ not here, I want this blog to remain only for the launcher development so please, don’t comment here for themes!!! The only thing theme-related on this blog will be the Theme Template and the instruction manual as I said above ;-)

Ok, now the pics!!!

P.S.-The persistence option is BAD and I’m a BAD CODER, so I’m sure my implementation is VERY BAD. So if you run issues, disable it.

P.S.2-Froyo Apps2SD is a pain in the ass if you don’t use it correctly. Believe me, I try to make things the better I can, but remember what google says about putting widgets, services or important apps onto SD:

When not to install on SD card?

The advantage of installing on SD card is easy to understand: contention for storage space is reduced. There are costs, the most obvious being that your app is disabled when the SD card is either removed or in USB Mass Storage mode; this includes running Services, not just interactive Activities. Aside from this, device removal disables an application’s Widgets, Input methods, Account Managers, Device administrators, Live wallpapers, and Live folders, and may require explicit user action to re-enable them.

• Chris
    • July 21st, 2010 2:14am

Hi Ander, really like the app.

I have one suggestion for improvement. When you use the 3-icon app drawer, it’s far too easy to accidentally put a new shortcut into the LAB or RAB instead of trashing it. I’ve done this about a half dozen times already in two days of using it, and it’s very frustrating. Could you please consider putting an option in to turn off adding shortcuts once shortcuts are set so this can’t happen, or a prompt to ask the user what to do if the drop overlaps the trash and shortcut hotspots?

• AnderWeb
      • July 21st, 2010 5:07pm

It never happened to me, I just check if the thing turns red before dropping it…

• JohnM
      • July 27th, 2010 2:32pm

I found the same thing when setting up the dockbar. It’s way too easy to miss your mark with fat thumbs like mine and I end up replacing icons instead of deleting or moving them. A simple “lock” for the LAB & RAB buttons would be excellent.

• JohnM
        • July 27th, 2010 2:32pm

Keep up the GREAT work BTW – I ditched LauncherPro for ADW…

1. Great work on reaching 1.0 (1.0.1)… works great on my Google Ion. Anyway here recovery zips i have made for the system versions.

PS. PLEASE don’t direct link my files

• Fon
    • July 22nd, 2010 5:53pm

This is really great news, I’ve been waiting for it soo long, but I’m afraid I was so overexcited with it that I flashed it incorrectly and now ADWLauncher no longer appears in the Settings menu.I’m using CM5.0.8 on a nexus one, Any idea to fix this?
    Thank you so much, keep the good work.

• AnderWeb
      • July 22nd, 2010 11:47pm

For it to appear in settings menu you need to set it as default launcher

• Ataru6
    • July 23rd, 2010 3:01am

Hi, i love this app but i had a problem. After installed this app on my Nexus One, each time i press the Home button a window ask me if use the Defaul launcher or the ADW launcher. I used ADW launcher for many times, i configure it and all was ok. But the last time i selected Default Launcher for the Home button and i select the flag below “use this as Default launcher” and now i can’t return to use the ADW Launcher as default launcher. I want to put ADW launcher as default Launcher. How can i do it? May you Help me?
    Thanks

• AnderWeb
      • July 23rd, 2010 2:28pm

The easist way is by using home switcher from the market

• Ataru6
        • July 27th, 2010 12:07pm

Hi AnderWeb, thanks for responding me. I download Home Switcher from the market, i selected ADW.Launcher as default. All went ok, i can use ADW.Launcher. But when i press the phisical Home button (on the N1 case, between the search button and menu button) starts the default Android launcher. Any other ideas? The first time i install ADW Android ask me in a windows what to use as default. Now that window doesn’t appears to me. So i must use the standarda Android launcher. Do you know how let it appears?
        Thanks a lot, the Best app ever!

• Ataru6
          • July 28th, 2010 4:10pm

Ok Anderweb, i found the solution on XDA Forum. Go to preferences, application, manage app, show all, find the Default Android launcher, cancel as default. Now when i press Home the window comes up and ask me what to set as default Launcher. Select ADW! Done! Thanks!

• turki
    • July 23rd, 2010 2:53pm

” and you ” ?

• AnderWeb
      • July 23rd, 2010 5:53pm

Me what? Sorry, I cannot see threaded comments from the wordpress app on my phone..

• turki
    • July 23rd, 2010 9:25pm

i asked when are you going to add the 3d drawer

and you replayed ” and you ? ”

btw am a biggest fan of this launcher and really you are going a great job !

• AnderWeb
      • July 24th, 2010 10:55am

Oh sorry, maybe I replied the wrong comment.
      Btw, your answer is “i don’t know” :)

• theslug
    • July 24th, 2010 1:05am

Please,
    can anyone build the system alternative version for the others 2.1 users?

I want replace my default launcher with ADW!!!
    PLEASE!!!

Tnx

A bootlocked milestone user

• JohnM
    • July 27th, 2010 2:40pm

Tom :
    ADW is awesome and I am loving the swipe guestures.
    Will you be adding a notification counter for things like text or email? I noticed launcher pro has this feature so I am guessing it can be done.

+1 – if for nothing else than coolness factor.

• JohnM
    • July 27th, 2010 2:51pm

Suggestion:
    When using the option to hide Desktop Dots, couldn’t the leftover space be used to drop icons?

• AnderWeb
      • July 27th, 2010 9:56pm

Yeah, but that’s already done. It’s called “secondary action buttons”

• newt
    • July 28th, 2010 6:13pm

I can not. Chance the picto of the. Menu so please someone can tell me wath to do thx