ADW.Launcher 0.7rc3 out!
Well, a few bugs fixed (I’m sure a lot of new bugs introduced :P ) so i can release version 0.7rc3 for Eclair….. and Froyo!
Warning: i’ve only changed the search widget (cause that is what was causing fc’s and other annoyances under Froyo) but still has a few caveats… so please READ all the following release notes.
- If you try to run this inside a rooted Froyo phone you need to FLASH IT from recovery. Some people hav warned me about being unable to “adb push” it…
- Changing some “ADWsettings” will warn about restarting the launcher. Froyo WON’T restart it (they’ve changed the api) so if you find it acting weird, restart it manually from android application manager
- I cannot test it on Froyo cause I have no Froyo atm!!!! If you have some hints to share… please do it! :-)
Ok, if you’ve already read and UNDERSTOOD all of the above, feel free to try it on your Froyo rooted phone and send me some feedback :-)
Everyone else (Eclair users) this is just like rc2, you can flash or extract the apk and adb push it… whatever.
And a sad note for this version: I removed the “multiple pages scrolling” from the horizontal app drawer (Galaxy S style drawer)… now you only can scroll 1 page at a time… sorry but it was causing a lot of problems… I don’t know if I’ll re-add that feature again in the future, so if anyone want to contribute with code… you’re all welcome!
I’ve uploaded 3 packages for you to choose, like with rc2.
- Version 0.7rc3 (only MDPI)
- Version 0.7rc3 (HDPI/MDPI compatible)
- Version 0.7rc3 (HDPI/MDPI compatible “alternate build”)