Update 18.104.22.168! (as usual :P)
I’ve released a minor update with the following additions/fixes:
- Option to use the dock as overlay: this means your desktop will be full size and the dock will appear over it when you show it.
- When you trigger the “hide/show dockbar” action/gesture, the new status will be remembered until you show/hide it again. This is like the old option “No dock”!!
- Option to apply the old’school color tint to the dock icons
- Fixed the desktop preview triggers
- Some fixes reported by users
Remember, hopefully tomorrow, ADWLauncher EX will be discounted in the Android Market! Keep an eye here!
I’ve been working hard last months to make a nice update to all those ADWEX users out there celebrating its first birthday.
Its now almost a year ago that I released ADWLauncher EX to the market as a premium version of the free ADW.Launcher. The market success was overwhelming to me and it brought lots of changes to my life (the most important one being my full time job as main android developer).
Today, I’m happy to announce that along the first anniversary of ADWLauncher EX, Google is making a great celebration too: 10 billion downloads in the Android Market!!.
This provided me the opportunity to lower the price of my app for the next days so more and more people can join us in our first anniversary!
So, yes, ADWLauncher EX will be at 0.10€ in the market in the next few days!
Just check the Android Market home page daily to see when the promotion goes live!
And that’s not everything! I’ve managed to roll out a big update for everyone with the following features/improvements:
A new unified Dock bar with both the combined superpowers of the previous ones:
- Easily drag and drop icons into it.
- Unlimited icons support with paginated scrolling
- Options stretch, scale, show reflections, change the background image…
- Easy icon management by double tapping them.
- Action to show/hide the dock at a glance via gestures/launcher actions
Easier and more user friendly folders.
- Drag a desktop icon over another one to auto create a new folder
- Visual representation of folder contents with theming support
- Options to choose how the folder contents scroll and behave like you do with the app drawers
- Single/multi row auto fitting support
New desktop management system while moving items.
- Easier visualization of desktop and drag operations
- Easier trash can operation
New desktop indicator inspired by IceCream Sandwich
Improved compatibility with ICS devices
Use of hardware acceleration on specific features when possible.
Persistence of the ActionBar visibility on android >3.x tablets by the “hide/show status bar” gesture or launcher action.
Usual bug fixes and performance improvements
More to come!!!
I wish everyone enjoy the update, the opportunity of getting it at reduced price and… thanks for being there in our first anniversary!!
P.S.- Important: during the Android Market promotion days, I’m not allowed to push updates to the market, so if you find anything weird, a bug, a feature not working as intended… please use the feedback menu under ADWSettings!!